Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 6 PRAYERS NEEDED

Before I go into my week I want to ask everyone to remember my sweet nephew Levi in their prayers. Levi was just diagnosed with Leukemia and will be going through chemo soon. Please pray for him as well as my brother Logan and his wife Janaye. Their family really needs the prayers right now.  Please pray for them, I know that there is power and comfort in prayer. Thank you everyone I love you all.



This week we taught the Bertagnole family on Tuesday with President McMurray so that was cool having him there with us. We taught them the restoration and the kids are all so excited to be baptized, it's really sweet! 
On Wednesday, we went by to check up on Tracey Bates because we hadn't heard from him and were able to chat with him and catch up with him. Unfortunately, he said he didn't see a reason for us to meet with him anymore but we could still stop by every now and then. That was tough to hear but he was nice about it and said we can still come by to chat still holding out hope for him.

Cool story from Thursday!! We were on our way walking to a dinner appointment and there's this house on the corner that has a bunch of cars out front and looks kind of abandoned and we were told the first day we got to the area that they think a member lives there so to maybe try it. So as we were about to pass it Elder Litster was just like I feel like we need to knock this door right now. So we go ahead and knock it and this younger guy probably  30-35 steps out with a box of cigs and lighter and so we just tell him we were told a member of our church lives here and asked if that was right and he goes "No, but I'll listen." So he lights up and we start talking to him. He tells us he's a Christian and was knowledgeable about the bible and asked really good questions. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he starts reading the introduction on the spot! And while he's doing that I start telling how the Book of Mormon came to be and about Joseph Smith and the first vision. It was funny cause after I recited the first vision he goes "Daaaaaang! That happened?!" And then he points at me and goes you been out longer huh and then when I told him I only been out 3 weeks he was shocked. He said I would've thought for sure you had been out longer cause I like the way you said things better and so now I get to tease Elder Litster about that and he gets all salty haha its funny. But so his name is Danny and he said he's going to read the Book of Mormon and that we could stop by this week!

Saturday was rainy and cold the whole day. We thought going out trackting people would show us sympathy and let us inside but that was not the case haha! We walked out in the rain and got soaked and although we didn't get into any homes or able to share any lessons, it was a fun experience that I'll remember.

Something cool I found during my studies. I was thinking of the scripture 3 Nephi 27:29 (originally from Matthew 7:7) "Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you" because I love the picture of Christ knocking on the door. So, I started studying that scripture, and found it 13 (might be more) different times in the scriptures! I think it's pretty important if we are reminded that many times in the scriptures and a reassurance of how critical prayers are and the difference they make. I know praying with a sincere heart can bring personal revelation that we can receive answers from. 

Also, our mission is going to be an online proselyting mission starting next transfer so we'll be on Facebook I believe in the next couple weeks.
I love you all very much. Always remember. Families are Forever.

Elder Bennett aka yoboigator ðŸ’›
1215 Walnut Street
Windsor, CO 80550
                                                Levi and Janaye in hospial bed

                                                              Levi


3-I got a special Greenie package from my "Room 8 Gals" on Wednesday. It was a sweet surprise receiving a package from the ladies I worked with at Woods! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 103 Trust In God & Never Give Up