Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Special Moment Shared

So before I post the letter from week 2. I want to share what happened on week 1. I was visiting Utah from California for BYU Education week and heard that they would be giving tours of the new MTC. I thought this would be fun to see where Elder Bennett is and experience a little of the beautiful art work he had told me about. I was able to get a ticket and while I was on the tour taking pictures of the beautiful art and enjoying the peaceful grounds I came out of a building and saw a group of Elders and Sisters sitting on the patio area. My eyes quickly scanned the group and noticed there was one sister I recognized from pictures that Elder Bennett had sent home the few days after he was there. I continued to scan the group and could not believe it but there was Elder Bennett just looking down and studying away. He did not see me so I quickly ducked back into the building and proceeded to take pictures through the window, thinking this was the closest I was going to get to him.
He is the one on the right looking down. Then after observing him for some time I talked myself into going back onto the same patio to proceed on the tour. When I got out there he did not notice me and a sister took a selfie with me and Elder Bennett in the background (he is over my right shoulder).I
was walking down the patio area to enter another building when I stopped to speak to a Sister missionary and to point out that my son Elder Bennett was right over there. She asked me if I had said hi to him and I replied NO, I didn't think I could. She asked me if we planned to meet there that day and I told her no that Elder Bennett had no idea that I was there. She then told me to go back and say hi to him. I was nervous, not wanting to break any rules. I went over and spoke loudly from afar ELDER BENNETT, but he did not hear me, so I said BENNETT, and he popped up and our eyes met. What a tender moment. I waved and said I love you thinking that was as close as I would get,  but his teacher asked if I was his mother and she told him to go give me a hug. I was not prepared to see him let alone hug him, but I was so grateful to share that tender moment with him. He hugged me and told me he was so happy. Then he told me,"Mom you see that building behind me, the top floor in a room up there we study at this hour every night up there. We have never came down and sat in the patio area until just now".My heart felt so many emotions and there was no denying that the moment we shared was a precious gift from a loving Heavenly Father. I walked away and was teary but not because I would miss him but because God let me experience such a sacred moment and I know he did that because he loves me and he loves Elder Bennett.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 103 Trust In God & Never Give Up