Monday, September 11, 2017

Week 4 down 1st week in Windsor, Colorado

    I have been in CO for about a week now and loving it! My trainer is Elder Litster and he's a homie. We get along perfectly, he's from Simi Valley in SoCal and played football/wrestling in HS and graduated 2015 like me. He's been out 15 months now. We're referred to as the "pretty boy companionship" haha. We're serving in the Windsor stake in the Bison Ridge ward. We currently don't have bikes so just walk everywhere. We probably average about 8 miles a day and then my trainer and I run to the AP's apartment in the mornings to workout that's a mile and a half away. Funny cause it’s not at all what I had expected in this mission, I thought for sure that I would just be driving everywhere. Things are cool here it looks like the ward were in will be great and that we'll have a lot of success here! They do a pretty good job of feeding us for dinners, our calendar is pretty full which is nice. There are some really nice families in our ward. Our bishop is Bishop Houton who is like some world renounced orthopedic surgeon. One member said his waiting list is longer than my mission haha. But very nice guy who I look forward to working with. Me and my comp are getting along great and he's been very chill about me being sick. We're living with Gene and I absolutely love Gene he's such a homie! He's 75 and still teaching math at the college nearby. He cooks for us sometimes to, he's such a thoughtful man and we're so blessed to be able to stay with him.

     We've already taught a couple lessons and have one girl who has a baptism date. Her name is Rebecca and she's 14 and her family is inactive and trying to reactivate so we've been working with them. The dad is trying to get active so that he can baptize her so her baptism date is some ways out at Oct. 21st. She's awesome tho she is attending seminary and church and loves the Book of Mormon. We taught another lesson to an older man named Tracy Bates. He read the whole Book of Mormon in 2 months and said it’s a good book but he's not sure if it’s true. He's been active in a Methodist church with his wife most his life so he knows that if he comes to know it's true he has a lot he would need to change but said he would do it if he came to know it's true! So were encouraging him to continue reading it and praying about it to know for himself and our lesson with him went really well and we have a follow up scheduled with him next week. So, if you want you could pray for Tracy so that he might be able to receive his answer and the faith to go through with it that would be awesome!

     Things are going great out here and I love my comp and the people of this area! I'm excited to be here and working with the members and believe we'll have great success here! Love y'all!!

Elder Bennett aka yoboigator 💛
1215 Walnut Street
Windsor, CO
80550

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 103 Trust In God & Never Give Up