Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Day 1 in the Fort Collins Colorado Mission

Elder Bennett arrived and was greeted by much love. He reports that he has a new companion named Elder Litster. In his words:

It's been a crazy long day but made it to Colorado! I got my first area and trainer. I'm serving in the Greeley area, Windsor Stake, in the Bison Ridge ward in north east Colorado and being trained by Elder Litster. He's a really cool guy and we get along perfectly! He's from Simi Valley in Ventura county, he graduated same year as me and has been out almost 15 months now. I got to meet some other elders that drove us to drop our stuff off at our place and they're serving in the Richey's ward and one of the elders has been there 4.5 months and finishing his mission there so he's gotten to know the Richey's really well. Oh yeah haha, the area we're in doesn't have a car, so we're either biking or walking, not sure yet cause we currently only have 1 bike. We're living in this members house and he reminds me of grandma Loy. He's this older guy who lives by himself in this nice 2 story house and he set us up upstairs. He's so funny, he plays his TV really loud and he has a stereo that he puts a CD in of just bird noises and he plays it all day long I think it's hilarious! He also has a pet bird named Kirby. He's still teaching math at Aims Community college out here too 4 days a week! Which I was blown away by when I heard cause he's probably at least in his 80's and he's still teaching but that's awesome for him. But yeah day 1 was sweet the guys in this mission are really cool and I'm pumped to get to serve and work with the people out here. Sis Harkness got assigned to the YSA ward in the same zone as me. I got to see Elder Arnold and Sister Lewis  too which was super cool! When I first arrived in the airport the AP's told me I was in a biking area and that my comp was a tool so I was a little bummed and stressin over it so I said a prayer about it and the Lord answers prayers! Cause I love my comp and think he's dope and ain't even sweatin not having a car. The Lord answers prayers I know this to be true and there is power in prayers so always remain faithful and PRAY!! 
Love you and praying for you all!
Elder Bennett aka yoboigator 

Home Address
1215 Walnut Street     new address for Elder Bennett if you want to send goodies send to this address!
Windsor, CO 80550


Mission Office
500 Hillspire Dr.
Windsor, CO 80550
                                                        Sister Lewis, Sister Harkness Elder Bennett and Elder Arnold


                                                   Time to meet the new companion Elder Litster.



My comp is the one with the hat haha the other guy is Elder Prescott and he's the guy that trained my comp so he's my Grandpa. He's on his last transfer. He's gonna play football at BYU when he goes home, he turned down a full ride to USC to serve a mission he's a homie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 103 Trust In God & Never Give Up