Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Week 5 Windsor, Colorado

    This week has been great! We taught this family on Tuesday, the Bertagnole's. So background on them, they have 6 kids, 5 daughters and 1 little boy. 4 of the daughters are baptism age, parents sealed in the temple, dad a return missionary, but these 4 daughters aren't baptized. They recently moved here to Windsor from Casper, WY, where they apparently hadn't had the best experiences with the church there and had some anti-family around there so that was holding them back. They moved to Windsor for a fresh start so they have been coming to church and on Tuesday we taught their family and I was able to invite the daughters to be baptized and they said yes! So that was really exciting! We set the date for Oct. 14th. Then we have Rebecca Cook's the next week on the 21st, October will be an amazing month! But the Bertagnole's are such a sweet family!
After our lesson, they made us a poppy seed cake and we all just chilled. Their dad, Adam, and I get along really well and talked volleyball and video games for a long time so that was dope. 

   We did exchanges on Wednesday and Elder Doss and I went to this bakery that this recent convert owns and did service. I felt like I was working on the show Cake Boss haha. That’s basically what the place was and they're building this huge cake for a hotel opening up soon so that was really cool!

   While out trackting this week we had cool experiences. We ran into a woman named Brooke who has a family and lives here and grew up in Utah. She's friends with one of the families in our ward, they live in the same neighborhood, kids go to school together, and so she said we could come by sometime this week so were really hoping we can teach her family! Then that same day we were walking home and this younger guy pulls over his car in front of us, gets out, and comes up to us and says "I just want y'all to know I really admire you guys being out here, I took my records out a couple years ago but believe in the Book of Mormon and that Joseph Smith was a prophet." So we got his number and plan on meeting with him this week.

   So while walking around this week Elder Litster helped teach me how to solve a Rubik's cube so now I know and was so hype about that!

   We had stake conference this week and just wanted to share something really quick that stood out to me.
Sister McMurray spoke and talked about how big of a difference it can make when we pray for missionary opportunities and the faith and courage to act upon them when they come. She shared a cool story about a sister missionary in our mission's mom, who did just that, then started sharing her daughter’s emails with people and how it resulted with 2 people being baptized. It was really cool and I think that's huge if we sincerely are praying for missionary opportunities to happen, that they will come and we just need to have that faith to do what the spirit prompts us to do.
Another cool message I got from a mission training breakfast was:
Prepare with Purpose
Teach with Testimony
Labor with Love
I loved this and thought it was so cool! I love this gospel and the joy it brings into my life! Much love everyone!

Elder Bennett aka yoboigator 💛
1215 Walnut Street
Windsor, CO 80550

1-This is me and Gene. Absolutely love this man and such a blessing to be living with him. I told him were talking a pic so he grabbed this wig and threw it on and said "Okay lets do this" just cause thats the goof he is. He said we need to dye the wig blue for next time




2-Just out on one of the paths we usually walk.



3-During our trainer's meeting.4th girl in from bottom of photo, is our Sister Harkness from my home ward.





4-If anyone in Fresno remembers Elder Mo'o, his cousin is in my mission and hooked me up with a haircut.




5- just because I love the Fort Collins Temple, it is so beautiful



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 103 Trust In God & Never Give Up