Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Week 2 in the MTC

 Sorry beforehand about how long this email is but had a cool personal experience I wanted to share.
    Wow these days are flying by! Next week this time ill be getting ready to board a plane to Denver! I love the MTC but its so nice to think I'll finally be able to start my time in the field serving the people out there.
    The MTC has a system called TRC (Teaching Resource Center) basically they hire members/investigators for us to practice teaching on so you don't know if the person you're teaching is really a member or not. This week we taught an investigator by the name of Mariah at TRC. It was so cool teaching her because she was struggling with her faith a lot and our testimonies really helped her a lot. Every lesson we taught her she would cry throughout and the spirit was so strong and so we invited her to be baptized after our 2nd lesson and she said yes! Our final lesson with her we talked with her about baptism and why it's important, enduring to the end, and she was really questioning Joseph Smith and the importance of the Book of Mormon. We bore testimony and as we did she had tears streaming down her face and thanked us from the bottom of her heart. She then confessed to us, she told us she never tells anyone because it's against the job but that she was already a member, but had really been struggling and doubting lately. But she thanked us so much and told us we were a direct answer to her prayers. I realized a little later that not every conversion ill have will necessarily end in baptism, there are members that are struggling too that need help and their worth is just as great and important as anyone else's. It was a cool lesson.
    We got our flight plans the other day. Crazy that I'm already getting ready to leave the MTC. Our flight is a week from today and we fly into Denver and then are taking a bus to get to the mission presidents home and we have a group of 22 going and I'm the travel leader so have to make sure that everyone makes it there and has a companionship and all that.
    The daily routines are so repetitive and its starting to get annoying doing the same things everyday so I'm pumped to be heading out in a week! I think cause were leaving on Tuesday our P-Day might be on Monday this next week.
    I had a cool experience in class this week. Our teacher asked us to write down any question we have on our minds...she then asked do we have faith that the Lord will answer it within the next 15 mins. I wrote down "Is the Book of Mormon a TRUE testament of Jesus Christ that Joseph Smith translated?" I've always had a testimony of the BoM but never had any like "heavens open and angels testify to me" experience that I feel like everyone has and even when i most recently finished and prayed about it I didn't really feel anything so thats why I wrote that down. She invited us to kneel and pray about our question and so I did. I immediately was prompted by the spirit to turn to Alma 45. I did so and found Alma speaking to his son Helaman and in verses 2-8 I'll paraphrase how it was to me. "Believest thou in these records which have been kept?...Believest thou in Jesus Christ that shall come?...Will you keep my commandments?" To all which Helaman replies Yes. And Alma tells him "Blessed art thou, and the Lord shall prosper thee in this land." Now when I read these questions I felt as though I was being asked them directly from the spirit. It was something very simple but I said yes to all the questions and was reminded and my testimony was strengthened that I don't need any miracle or sign to get my answer, I've always believed in these words and in Christ and have strived to follow thee. And so the Lord will bless me to prosper in this land. Don't think I'll ever forget that experience, it was such a tender mercy of the Lord that I was later able to use in my lessons.
     Love you all and I know the true gospel of Jesus Christ is restored on the earth today and brings happiness and peace into our lives if we let it!

Elder Bennett aka yoboigator 

Some pictures from this last week.

                                  Elder Bennett and Sister Harkness  both from Clovis California









No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 103 Trust In God & Never Give Up