Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Week 3 in the MTC

     Week 3 mtc They gave us today to email and get ready because tomorrow we're leaving! I'm so pumped to get out into the field! This week went by fast, we got new TRC's and invited both to baptism but they both said they wanted to learn more before committing. I learned how frustrating it is trying to get to know someone and teach them a lesson in 25 minutes. It's extremely frustrating when you start having a really good discussion and feel like you're getting somewhere then they tell you you're out of time. So I'm looking forward to being out in the field and hopefully if a good discussion is going on and the spirit is felt that they won't just cut it off and say "time's up."
      Crazy sad stuff going on in Houston right now I've been hearing all about it, and it's tough not really being able anything except pray for those people. I heard something cool in Priesthood this week, one elder told us that the top 3 Humanitarian responders for things like hurricanes and stuff like that are the government, Red Cross, and the LDS church. It's amazing how much service we do and how we're always there for our brothers and sisters in their hardest of time, yet we still get so much persecution from others. Really made me think, why would Satan try so hard to attack and take down our church? Catholicism and Christianity has been around far longer than our church, yet I feel like we receive much more persecution and are just seen as "the mormons" when people don't know that we are Christians, that's why our whole church is centered around Jesus Christ! Anyways, just something that was a good discussion we had in priesthood that had me thinking.
     We had a final district volleyball game and split up the people going to Colorado and Kansas on different teams and Colorado wrecked but it was a ton of fun! I love my district and that's the only thing I'm sad about leaving the MTC is having to leave my district. We've all gotten so close and I love them so much. I love that I'm going stateside and that I have a tablet mission it's such a blessing! Funny cause I was so upset about both those when I got the call but since I've been out here I've learned to appreciate it and am so happy about those things. Tablets make sharing the gospel so much easier, it's all right there, you can show them they can get it all on there phones, there's the search bar, it makes sharing the gospel so much easier. I love my call and I'm so excited to fly out and get assigned my first area tomorrow! Not sure when my next P-Day will be but I'll hit y'all up then! Much Love 

💛Elder Bennett aka yoboigator 
500 Hillspire Dr.
Windsor, CO 80550


Pictures are:
1. New elders that moved into me and Elder Gillette's room and they're going to Salem, OR
2.Basketball hoop thats been passed around on our floor since 2013
3. Elder Gillette and I final pic

4&5. Visit from some homies before I went out into the field



                          Nothing like seeing your homies from home before you head out for two years.


This is the last picture of my district with one of our teachers before we head to Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 103 Trust In God & Never Give Up