Sunday, July 28, 2019

Week 101 Chainsawz & Chuckwagonz


Sorry it’s gonna be a long one but I feel so high on life right now...like a sloth clinging to a rocket (See Pics) 


Fredrick is such a unique little town with a sweet personality. Every year they have an even called “Chainsaws & Chuckwagons” where they have people come from all over the world to Fredrick for 4 days to do some wood carving. Each artist gets their own stump or log idk but they’re huge, and goes to town on it with a chainsaw. Then the town of Fredrick will place them all throughout the town in parks, bike paths, side of streets. So the town is decorated w/ tons of cool wood sculptures all throughout. 


Yesterday I was on an exchange w/ Elder Bohn (Wes Bohn’s cousin) and we had an amazing day! We were out at the end of the night and it was getting dark but we kept walking around and met a man named Jose working in front of his house who spoke hardly any English haha. After trying to converse w/ us for a few minutes he said, “One sec, my lady speaks English.” And went inside and brought his wife Franceska out. We talked w/ her about eternal families & she told us we could come back to teach her Wednesday morning so we’re really excited about that! Blessing that come from working till the end of the night!

Alena’s baptism was such a spiritual experience. One I will never forget. I have so many wonderful things to say about that woman. I have never been to a baptism with more non members before! She invited so many people!! She had multiple friends there and a ton of family it was incredible to see all the support she had! And she was introducing them to everyone! Missionaries, members, President & Sister Palmer, it was so cool to watch! She has grown so so much just in the past 3 weeks since we first started teaching her & I'm so proud of her growth & feel so grateful to have been able to watch & be apart of it. 
There was such a great support from the ward, nearly the whole chapel was full. Something really cool hit me, my mission in a way had come fill circle. I remembered first being in the Trilby building across from the temple with a nearly full chapel for the baptisms of Rebecca Cook & the Bertagnole girls in Bison Ridge at the start of my mission. And now here I was towards the end of my mission, in that same building, with a nearly full chapel for Alena’s baptism, it was a tender lil moment. 

Here’s an example of how awesome Alena is! So we had the program in the chapel & did the ordinance of baptism in the relief society room. Well, while we were walking to the relief society room to perform the baptism, she leans over to me & says, “Can I tell you something but you have to promise not to be mad?” And I’m thinking oh my goodness what in the world did this girl that she’s about to confess to me the minute before her baptism. And she says, “On Fast Sunday when I told you guys that I fasted, I’m so sorry but I lied, I actually drank water that day & I feel so guilty.” I couldn’t help but laugh & hug her & tell her how much I love her. She truly understands repentance. 
Well the baptism itself was memorable. When we got to the font we realized that the drain hadn’t fully been put in so it was slowly draining the font the entire time. The water was at most, barely above our knees. So, we did the baptism on our knees. I have now performed 2 baptisms on my knees haha. Anyways, all went well and the Spirit was very strong. 

At the end of the program Alena shared her testimony & it was so powerful to hear her testimony of the peace & joy that comes from living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She said, “I promised myself I was going to make 2019 my Year of Peace...and I believe God sent you to my doorstep.” Alena is so sweet & humble. I know God did lead us to her. I can’t help but think what would’ve happened or what her life would still be like if we had passed her by because we were too concerned about being late for dinner. I know there are people like Alena all over the world, searching for peace. We have a responsibility to find them.
I really really ❤️ Jesus Christ
Peace & Love 🤟
Elder Bennett 💜

                                                 What A Joyful Day


                                                              Rocket Sloth

                                             God Bless America

                                                                     Posted

You know that scene from Avatar w/ the blue people when he gets his dragon thing...
Somewhere In My Area :)
                                                    Horse wisper


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 103 Trust In God & Never Give Up