Friday, January 18, 2019

Week 73 Tortilla To The Dome


My boi Elder Ufland caught a tortilla to the dome this week at dinner hahaha! So we’re at dinner and this little girl like 3 years old is sitting across from Elder Ufland and we’re just enjoying the meal & chatting away when outta the corner of my eye I see this tortilla flyin thru the air and dome Elder Ufland! We all lost it, I almost spit water all over the table haha. After we gained our composure the 3 year old little girl was set straight haha

This week was real good. We taught Audrey & Alex Burns & read 2 Nephi 31 w/ them & were pretty bold about how they need to put the work in to know if this is true! They came to church on Sunday & they said they’ve been reading where we left off w/ them & have been praying!! Audrey said she’s been feeling much better about herself & in a much happier mood lately since then! That was a huge answer to fasts & prayers! #TheLordProvides

We taught Ben & he told us he’s gonna be moving on the 11th :( We’re sad about him leaving but know that it’s gonna be good for him to be w/ his family again! We’re gonna teach him 2 more times before he leaves & make sure we get all set up to refer him to his new missionaries :)

We had a crazy super cool experience w/ a woman named Katherine, her 4 crazy little girls, & their German Shepherd!! They were all outside when we walked by & started talking w/ her & these little girls were crazy! Like bruh, you don’t even know. All over us tryna steal our phone, wallets, scriptures, etc & jumping all over us while we were just tryna preach the restored gospel of Jesus Christ to their Mother. WILD. Anyways, I shared a scripture from the Book of Mormon about it being the words of Christ (2 Nephi 33:10-11) & then testified about eternal families & the priesthood. She asked how that could be possible. I then shared Mathew 18:18 w/ her & she all sassy goes “Now where can you show me that in the Bible?” #GOTTIIIIII. Not gonna lie that was a super cool moment how we were able to then testify of The Book of Mormon being another witness of Jesus Christ that supports the Bible & her whole mood changed. Shortly after I’m pulling out the phone to try and look at times to come back when I get bombarded by the little girls tryna steal the phone so I’m running around all jokingly in the yard, goin back and forth, juking & making moves when I go to plant my foot & step in snow/mud and just get dropped hard. I hit my knee hard on the ground, in pain just lying there for no more than a second when all 4 of the girls catch up to me and jump on top of me & get back to tryna steal my phone, wallet, & scriptures. This proceeds for the next 30 seconds of me trying to fend off these lil thievens, during which I catch lil glimpses of Elder Ufland off testifying to Katherine...what a good comp I couldn’t be more proud! Well eventually the phone was pried from my hands & at about the exact same time the German Shepherd from inside the house gets thru the screen door & comes charging at me & hops on me a couple times until Katherine came over & grabbed the dog. Prolly one of the most joyous & memorable times of my mission haha! Katherine then told us she wanted us to come back when her kids were in school so she could give us more of her attention haha so we’re super excited to go back & teach her!
Keep Ya Head Up! Much Love πŸ€ŸπŸ’œ
Elder Bennett aka YOBOIGATOR πŸ’›

Baby Chick

Pic w/ The Thieven


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 103 Trust In God & Never Give Up