Friday, September 14, 2018

WEEK 54 DREAM TEAM


Shaq & Kobe, Jordan & Pippen, Serena & Venus. What do all these people have in common? They can’t compete with Beecher & Bennett. It’s been a long year comin but the dream team was finally assembled of Elder Bennett & Elder Beecher Halladay! We got to go on exchanges together yesterday and it was such a blast! We taught a couple with a young family in the morning & our mission President came along and it was so incredible! We taught the Plan of Salvation and they were like sponges soaking it up. Justin, the husband isn’t able to be baptized at the moment for legal reasons but we were able to put his wife on Date for baptism September 15th! Dream Team.


This week was such an incredible week of being a missionary! My heart is so full & I have so much love for the people of Laramie. The work is going amazing, we’re seeing so many miracles, and I’m excited & enthusiastic about this incredible work!
We had a man who just showed up at church last week named Danny. Him & his wife were on their way to Oregon & broke down in Laramie. Danny was at one point while living in Missouri on Date for baptism but he missed his date. He has an incredible amount of love and respect for The Church of Jesus Christ, and the missionaries. We went & taught him & his wife Wednesday and asked him to kneel down and pray about the Book of Mormon & Joseph Smith & he was like okay let’s do it now. So we all knelt down and prayed, before he prayed he said, God’s gonna laugh at me for asking cause I already know the answer & that’s that it’s true! He said a sincere humble prayer and we were able to set a baptismal date with him. He came to church this week, now we’re just working on helping him quit smoking.


We had Zone Conference Thursday & I got Elder Shellman back so we back together again!


Our Bishop called us up Friday morning and told us we needed to help with an emergency move. We went over and it was a less active woman who needed to be out by the end of the month. While moving and talking we learned that she had 2 boys, 9 & 11, and a daughter 16, who none were baptized. They hadn’t been active cause her husband who she’s in the process of divorcing from basically said it’s me or the church & she chose him. Fast forward to Sunday, her and the 2 boys came, I sat with the 9 year old who has mild autism, his name is Byron & I love this boy so much, he’s hilarious! After sacrament meeting his mom said Byron the missionaries can teach you and you can get baptized, do you want to get baptized? And he looked at me and said “Yes & I want you to baptize me!” It was so heartwarming and such a miracle! So we’re going to teach the 2 boys tomorrow and we’re so excited!

There’s so many miracles from this week but this would turn into a 5 page essay if I listed them all haha. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and am grateful to be a tool in his hands in this marvelous work! Love y’all!
Elder Bennett aka yoboigator 💛

Elder Strebel & I


Homies from Zone Conference

Zone Conference 

Huge bull elk rack in a members home


Dream Team X2




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 103 Trust In God & Never Give Up